Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Terraced gable-fronted single-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1880, with double-height oriel window to first and second floors. Pitched slate roof having carved timber bargeboards and finial. Rendered walls with moulded render parapet to oriel window. Timber sliding sash windows to upper floor. Fixed window and pair of doors to ground floor.
This late nineteenth-century building is enlivened by the retention of original features and materials, such as the various timber sliding sash windows and carved timber bargeboards. The imposing scale of the building makes an interesting and positive contribution to the streetscape, and the building forms part of notable terrace with the adjoining buildings to the east and west.