Survey Data

Reg No

20404001


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1840 - 1845


Coordinates

125293, 174858


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Freestanding T-plan gable-fronted double-height Roman Catholic church, built 1844, with three-bay side elevations having single-bay transepts. Single-bay two-storey gabled projecting porch to front having concrete canopy, added, c. 1965. Pitched artificial slate roof with sheeted eaves and aluminium rainwater goods. Pebbledashed walls. Lancet openings with leaded glass and timber matchboard doors. Retaining interior features. Cast-iron belfry to site. Rubble stone crenellated boundary walls.