Survey Data

Reg No

20401104


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

House


Historical Use

Post office


In Use As

House


Date

1880 - 1900


Coordinates

140257, 194280


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached four-bay two-storey house, built c. 1890, originally two-bay two-storey thatched post office, now also in use as public house. Renovated and extended to right, c. 1940, with render pubfront inserted to left ground floor. Extended to right, c. 1970, with two-bay single-storey annexe added to left. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks, concrete gable copings and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins and moulded render architraves. Render shopfront comprising paired pilasters flanking openings with vermiculated capital panels, lettering and moulded cornice above. Chamfered reveals to openings with replacement fittings. Attached garage, built c. 1970, to right. Petrol pump to front.