Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Social, Technical
In Use As
1890 - 1895
Detached seven-bay single-storey former railway station, built 1892, with pair of single-bay single-storey flat-roofed projecting porches, full-length canopy over platform and two-bay single-storey flat-roofed lower return to rear. Two-bay single-storey end bay added, c. 1980. Now in use as house. Pitched slate roof with red brick chimneystacks. Glazed canopy with cast-brackets supported by cast-iron columns and having timber sheeted gable ends. Rendered walls with painted brick plinth, quoins and block-and-start architraves. Six-bay timber glazed screen. Timber sliding sash windows with stone sills. Timber glazed doors.