Survey Data

Reg No

20300229


Rating

National


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social Technical


Original Use

House


In Use As

Hotel


Date

1750 - 1770


Coordinates

112758, 188518


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached seven-bay two-storey over basement former house with central pedimented breakfront bay, built c. 1760, now in use as hotel. May incorporate pre18th century fabric. Renovated and extended to rear with thirteen-bay three-storey block having dormer attic. Extended to side in 1997 with four-bay two-storey block over raised platform. Pitched slate roof with rendered gable chimneystacks and cut-stone copings. Exposed rubble stone walls with moulded impost moulding to entrance door and moulded cornicing to pediment. Replacement timber sliding sash windows. Round-headed door opening with timber panelled door having plain fanlight and flanking by sidelights. Lunette with fixed window to pediment. Retaining significant interior features including panelled window reveals, extensive ceiling plasterwork, centrepieces, cornices, lugged architraves, panelled shutter and staircase. Flight of cut stone steps leading to entrance.