Survey Data

Reg No

20300224


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Court house


In Use As

Museum/gallery


Date

1790 - 1810


Coordinates

113189, 188513


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay single-storey former courthouse with breakfront end bays, built c. 1800, having recessed bay to right. Now in use as art gallery. Hipped artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystacks. Dressed rubble stone walls with recessed blind arches to openings, having cut-stone and red brick voussoirs. Probably originally having central entrance bay, now altered. Timber matchboard double leaf doors with cobweb fanlight. Round-headed window openings with timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed opening with red brick dressings and timber panelled door to recessed entrance. Wrought-iron railings set on cut-stone plinth.