Survey Data

Reg No

20300210


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


Historical Use

Shop/retail outlet


In Use As

House


Date

1820 - 1840


Coordinates

113087, 188342


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Pair of semi-detached two-bay two-storey houses, built c. 1830. Shopfronts inserted c. 1890. Three-bay single-storey return added to left hand side house, c. 1910. Five-bay two-storey return added to right hand side house, c. 1920. Houses no longer in commercial use to ground floor. Pitched Moher flagged roofs with rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Pitched corrugated-iron roof to extension of right hand side house. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls. Painted rubble stone walls to extensions. Corrugated-iron cladding to upper floor extension of right hand side house. Timber pilaster and entablature shopfronts to ground floor having window shutters, lettering to fascias and moulded cornices. Timber sliding sash windows. Flagged area to front with curved walls and three cut-stone steps leading down from street level.