Survey Data

Reg No

20004015


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Mill (water)


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


Date

1820 - 1840


Coordinates

133449, 177520


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached multiple-bay six-storey former corn mill, built c. 1830, with return to River Fergus at rear. Gable facade blocked up and ground floor remodelled to accommodate retail outlet, c. 1980. Pitched natural slate roof. Coursed rubble limestone walls with pie crust red brick cornice, some rendered sections and some slate hanging. Cast-iron tie plates at regular intervals on return. Segmental-arched window openings with red brick dressings and timber framed fixed windows. Set at slight angle to street, occupying area space between Cornmarket Street and River Fergus. Aluminium shop windows and door, c. 1980, to retail outlet.