Survey Data

Reg No

16403908


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Archaeological, Architectural, Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1815 - 1820


Coordinates

309932, 173059


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay single-storey Church of Ireland church, built 1817 around the ruins of an earlier church. The building is finished in render. To the east side is a gabled porch with a bellcote while to the west there is a gabled chancel. There are two later lean-to additions. The timber sheeted door is set within a segmental-arched opening. Windows are semi-circular arch-headed with Gothic style ‘Y’ tracery. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate and cast-iron rainwater goods. The building is set within a small graveyard.

Appraisal

This well preserved early 19th century country church is delightfully set within a small graveyard. It is somewhat unusual as it combines Gothic tracery within Romanesque openings.