Survey Data

Reg No

16403905


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1825 - 1830


Coordinates

308132, 177246


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay single-storey Church of Ireland church, built 1827. The building is finished in render and sits on a shallow splayed base. The square, two-stage tower is set to the centre of the east elevation and has flat roofed porches at either side; all have castellated parapets. The pitched roof of the nave is slated. The timber door has decorative strap hinges and a plain fanlight and is set within a Tudor-arched opening with drip moulding above. Windows are pointed-arched and have ‘Y’ tracery. There are no windows to the north side of the nave. The church is set within a small graveyard and is slightly set back behind a rendered wall with a wrought-iron gate.

Appraisal

This Board of First Fruits style Gothic church has retained much of its original fabric and detailing. It is delightfully set with a backdrop of tall mature trees. It is a positive addition to the local heritage.