Survey Data

Reg No

16403801


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1830 - 1850


Coordinates

299022, 172510


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay single-storey Church of Ireland church, built c.1840. The church is in Tudor style and is constructed in ashlar granite with a bellcote; there are diagonal reducing buttresses. The sheeted door is set within a pointed-arched opening with drip moulding. Windows are also pointed-arched with drip mouldings with ‘Y’ tracery and have diamond panes. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate and cast-iron rainwater goods. The church is slightly set back behind a wrought-iron gate and a granite rubble wall.

Appraisal

A delightful gable-fronted Tudor style church. It is well preserved and is an important heritage asset to the area.