Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1875
Detached three-bay single-storey Roman Catholic church, built 1873. The church is constructed in squared granite with a bellcote. The sheeted door is set within a semicircular-headed opening. Windows are also semicircular-headed with ‘Y’ tracery. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate and cast-iron rainwater goods. Internally the church is well preserved, and has not been re-ordered; the altar rails are retained and the altar table is in its original position. The queen post trusses are exposed. The church is slightly set back behind a wrought-iron gate and a low granite rubble wall which incorporates a crudely constructed stile.
A delightful gable fronted Romanesque style church which has been well preserved and is an important heritage asset to the area. Internally the church is preserved in pre Vatican II condition.