1790 - 1810
Knockananna Catholic Church
Detached, multiple-bay single-storey cruciform plan former Roman Catholic Church, built c.1800 and now in use as a heritage centre. The walls are finished in painted roughcast, whilst the pitched gable-ended roof is slated and has a rendered chimneystack close to the north end; also to the north end there is a belfry, finished in a similar manner as the walls of the building with the bellcote itself in dressed granite. There are several doorways, each with timber doors. The windows are mainly pointed arch-headed and largely filled with multiple-pane timber sash frames. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The building is surrounded by a graveyard, enclosed from the roadside by a low rubble-built wall.
Well preserved Roman Catholic churches of the late 18th or early 19th-century are comparatively rare, their simple forms replaced with more confident Gothic structures after 1829. As such, therefore, this former church building is of some value- particularly so given its relatively large size.