Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1820
Detached three-bay single-storey Board of First Fruits Gothic style Church of Ireland church with two-stage tower, built in 1815. To the east end there is a shallow chancel projection and a small vestry projection. The walls are finished in unpainted lined render and unpainted roughcast, with granite dressings to the openings and granite string courses to the tower. The pitched roof is slated and has stone parapets whilst the roof of the tower is hidden by a crenellated parapet. The entrance is to the south face of the tower and consists of a timber tongue and groove double door set within a pointed arch-headed opening. The windows are also pointed arch-headed with Y-tracery timber frames. There are no windows on the north elevation of the nave. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The church is surrounded by a graveyard enclosed by a rubble wall with wrought-iron carriage gates.
Simple unpretentious and largely original early 19th-century Church of Ireland church which blends in well with its semi-rural setting.