Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1760 - 1800
Detached five-bay two-storey over basement house, built c.1780. The house is finished in dry-dash render with a smooth cement base. To the rear (west) side there is a lean-to addition. A flight of stone steps with plain wrought-iron railings rises to the panelled front door; this has a semi-circular arched "spoked" pattern fanlight. Window openings are flat-headed with mainly six over six timber sash frames. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate with cast-iron rainwater goods. The house is set on a slight rise within a wooded garden.
This well preserved house blends well with its surroundings and, despite the modern render, is an asset to the local heritage.