Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Social
In Use As
1830 - 1835
Detached three-bay single-storey Board of First Fruits Church of Ireland church, built 1834. The building is constructed in ashlar granite. There are three small gabled projections to the north and south sides. The panelled timber door has a matching panelled blind fanlight and is set within a pointed-arch opening. This is set in the north face of the three-stage tower. The tower has tall pinnacles to the corners of the parapet. Window openings are generally pointed-arch lancets with ‘Y’ tracery; some windows to the second stage of the tower are flat-arched and all have diamond panes. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate with cast-iron rainwater goods. The building is set close to the road on a slight rise. There is a small wrought-iron pedestrian gate and a recent wrought-iron vehicular gate.
This delightful Gothic Revival church is picturesquely set by the roadside. It is in original condition and is a strong asset to the local heritage.