Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1710 - 1730
Detached five-bay three-storey country house, built c.1720. The house is constructed in Flemish bond red brick. Part of the dwelling was demolished in c.1950. To the rear (west) there are two, three-storey projecting bays one canted and one bowed. To the east front a replacement timber door surround has paired pilasters and a broken base pediment; it surrounds a part glazed panelled door which is set within a semi-circular headed opening. Window openings have a mixture of semi-circular arched and flat-heads; all have timber sash windows which include six over six and three over three. The double-piled pitched roof is finished with natural slate and has cast-iron rainwater goods. The chimneystacks are rendered and have tall diagonally set flues with clay pots. The house is set within a well wooded demesne.
The remaining portion of this early 18th century house is substantially original. It is important both for its age and style and adds much to the local heritage.