Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1790 - 1795
Detached four-bay single-storey Church of Ireland church, built 1792. The building is constructed in granite rubble with ashlar granite dressings, quoins and buttresses. The timber sheeted front door is set within a pointed-arch opening, to the south side of the three-stage tower. Buttresses to the tower rise to form square castellated pinnacles. Buttresses to the nave rise to tall pinnacles. Windows are generally semi-circular. To the east elevation there is a larger window with geometric tracery; this sits on a slightly projecting bay with a broken base pediment. The pitched roof is covered in natural slate and has cast-iron rainwater goods. The church is set well back from the road within a small graveyard.
This delightful small late 18th century church is picturesquely set within a small graveyard. It is well preserved and adds much to the quality of the local heritage.