Survey Data

Reg No

16401203


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1850 - 1870


Coordinates

322094, 209931


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay gothic style Church of Ireland church, built c.1860. The building is finished in plain render. To the west side there is a two-stage tower with pinnacles and castellated parapet; joined to the west side of the tower there is a later single-storey vestry addition. The sheeted double front door is set within a pointed arch opening with moulded dressings; this is within a projecting single-storey gabled porch. Window openings also have pointed-arched heads and have ‘Y’ tracery with square coloured panes. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate with cast-iron rainwater goods. The church is surrounded by a small graveyard and is slightly set back from the road behind wrought-iron railings with octagonal gate pillars. There is a crudely fashioned stile.

Appraisal

This church still remains a delightful unassuming composition within an idyllic setting.