Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1920 - 1940
End-of-terrace former house, built c.1930, now in use as a pub. The building is finished in render; to the south side is a later adjoining two and a half-storey house with gabled dormers. The plain replacement front door is set within a flat-headed opening. Window openings are two over two timber sash. The roof is hipped and finished with natural slate and has cast-iron rainwater goods; there is a slight overhang with a timber fascia. The chimney stacks are finished in render with slightly corbelled caps and clay pots. The building sits on the corner of the street and is road fronted.
This prominent building is sited on a corner. It maintains the streetscape in two directions and reinforces the 19th-century appearance of the town.