Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1905 - 1910
End-of-terrace multiple-bay three-storey shop and warehouse, built 1906. To the north side there is a tall part three part two-storey earlier portion which is annexed to this building. The building was built to store and sell slates on behalf of Lord Fitzwilliam. The front door opening is flat-headed and has a metal roller shutter. To the north side is a replacement plain shop window. Window openings are flat-headed and have replacement timber frames. The roof is finished with natural slate and cast-iron rainwater goods. The building is road fronted.
This plain shop and store adds a sense of stern dignity to the town centre. It maintains and reinforces the streetscape close to this important corner.