Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced three-bay two-storey former pair of vernacular houses, built in c.1830, now in use a single dwelling. The houses were amalgamated in c.1900. The external walls are finished with lined render. The front panelled door is set within a flat-headed opening. Window openings are all flat-headed with two over two timber sash frames and have painted stone sills. The pitched roof is covered with artificial slate and has cast-iron rainwater goods; the replacement chimneystack has a plain concrete cope and a single clay pot. The building is road fronted within a busy narrow side street.
Well preserved and now increasingly rare example of town vernacular which, while now amalgamated into one dwelling, retains all of its simple charm.