1870 - 1890
Detached multiple-bay single-storey Methodist church built c.1880. The building is constructed in coursed granite which rests on a small chamfered plinth. The front door is located within a small projecting gabled porch which is on the north side. To the east and west elevations there are relatively recent additions. Window openings are pointed arch headed with lattice pattern frames. To the north elevation there is a triple lancet window. The building is set on a slight rise and is set back behind a low granite wall with a wrought-iron gate.
This single-cell gothic-style church has a number of later additions but has retained its 19th-century charm and character. The town has the appearance of an early to mid 19th-century development and dating from the end of that century the church adds a feeling of continuing development to the streetscape.