Survey Data

Reg No

16320001


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Artistic, Historical


Original Use

Monument


In Use As

Monument


Date

1995 - 2000


Coordinates

312651, 179580


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

A freestanding bi-centennial memorial of the 1798 rebellion, erected in 1998. The monument is constructed of rock-faced coursed granite with a flower head motif. The stone is surmounted by a ‘crown’ fashioned from bronze pikes. It is prominently sited on the wide pavement at the Y junction in the centre of the village.

Appraisal

A striking modern memorial commemorating the county’s part in the 1798 rebellion.