Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Detached five-bay two-storey over basement house, built c.1830. The house is finished iin render. The panelled front door is flanked by Tuscan order freestanding columns which support a projecting cornice; above is a semi-circular headed fanlight and surmounting this is an out sized semi-circular headed drip moulding. Windows are a mixture of semi-circular arched and flat headed and have mainly one over one timber sash frames. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate and has cast-iron rainwater goods. The chimneystacks have plain caps and clay pots. The house faces the road and is slightly set back behind wrought-iron railings and a matching gate.
A well preserved tall and imposing house dating from the early part of the 19th century. It contributes quality and interest to the streetscape.