Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
End-of-terrace four-bay two-storey former pair of houses, built c.1820, now is use as a shop and house. The building is finished in roughcast render. The door and shop window are each framed with panelled pilasters which rise to support the projecting cornice. Window openings are flat-headed with one over one top-hung replacement frames. The pitched roof is finished with artificial slate and has cast-iron rainwater goods and an eaves course. The chimneystack has a slightly corbelled cap and clay pots.
Though somewhat altered in recent years, this pair of buildings have retained something of their early to mid 19th-century appearance and both are still of benefit to Baltinglass's varied streetscape.