Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1820
Detached three-stage single-storey tower, built c.1810. This tower was added to an earlier Roman Catholic Chapel which has since been demolished. The tower is constructed in rubble granite and has frameless window openings with some stone dressings. It is set within a small graveyard. It is set well back from the road behind a rubble stone wall and wrought-iron gate which has a flight of broad stone steps.
The tower is the only surviving physical link to an older church. It adds a sense of continuity to the heritage of the town.