Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1790 - 1810
Freestanding three-arch shallow humpback bridge, built c.1800. The segmental-headed arches are carried on triangular cutwaters. The voussoirs are dressed granite and there is a small roundel to the spandrel panel. The bridge carries the main road over the Slaney River and links the east and west halves of the town.
This early 19th-century bridge is in original condition. It still fulfils its original function and adds to the 19th-century streetscape at the southern approach to the town centre.