Survey Data

Reg No

16316017


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1840 - 1860


Coordinates

286855, 188571


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

End-of-terrace three-bay three-storey house, built c.1850 and renovated in the later 20th century. The house is finished in render with moulded quoins. The panelled front door has a radial fanlight and is set within a semi-circular headed opening which has stone dressings. To the east side of the ground floor of the front fa├žade is a segmental-headed carriage archway with timber double door with wicket gate. Window openings are flat-headed and have two over two top-hung replacement uPVC frames. The hipped roof is finished with artificial slate and has cast-iron rainwater goods; the eaves overhang slightly. Chimneystacks are rendered with plain caps and clay pots. The building is road fronted.

Appraisal

This building was renovated sometime early in the 20th century with some loss of detail, but has retained its overall form. It still contributes a strong street presence and adds variety and interest to the mainly 19th-century streetscape.