Survey Data

Reg No

16313001


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Historical Social


Original Use

School


Date

1840 - 1860


Coordinates

288968, 193700


Date Recorded

12/08/2003


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay two-storey school, built c.1850, now disused. The front door appears to be bricked up. There is a second door to the gable; it is a replacement metal double door and it is set within a segmental-arched opening. Window openings are flat-headed and only some remnants of timber frames remain. The roof is pitched. The building faces at right angles to the road. The gable is slightly set back behind a small well kept lawn.

Appraisal

This small school is in poor condition however it appears that it is soon to be renovated and if this is done successfully it will be a very good asset to the village streetscape.