1955 - 1960
Detached five-bay two-storey with single-storey end 'wings' Garda Station with Sergeant's house, built 1957 initially to house the personal guard of then President Sean T. O'Kelly, whose private residence was just outside the village. The building is finished in roughcast whilst the slated pitched roofs of the main section and the wings have overhangs with rendered chimneystacks. The entrance to the station is set within a small lean-to porch to the north side of the front elevation and consists of a timber door with tall multiple-pane sidelights. The entrance to the house lies within a recessed porch within the single-storey wing to the south and consists of a panelled timber door with sidelights as before. The flat-headed windows are of various sizes and have eight over eight and tripartite timber sash frames. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The building faces onto a street but is separated from it by a garden enclosed by a largely rubble-built wall.
Well preserved Garda station of the later 1950s, with vague neo-Georgian overtones. The property is of some historical interest having been built to house the personal guard of then President Sean T. O'Kelly.