Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1820
Detached three-bay two-storey former rectory, built c.1800, and now in use as a house. To the east is a long single-storey wing addition of c.1890 while to the centre of the west façade, is a recent flat-roofed single-storey porch addition. The house is double-piled. It is finished in lined render with plain quoins and has moulded decorative dressings to the original front door. The original front door is now in use as a French window. All window openings are flat-headed and have six over six top-hung uPVC frames. Openings to the east addition are semi-circular headed and have intersection tracery patterns to the frames. The M-profile roof is pitched and slated with uPVC rainwater goods. Chimneystacks are rendered and have corbelled caps and clay pots. The house is well set back, behind a recently constructed curved gate screen, within a large private garden.
Though somewhat altered and undoubtedly re-ordered internally, externally this former rectory is substantially intact. Combined with the fine original setting the house makes a valuable contribution to the surroundings.