Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Detached single-bay one and a half-storey former school house, built c.1850, and now in use as a shop. A small gabled porch sits to the north of centre and has a replacement part glazed panelled door. Windows to other facades are flat-headed and have security bars. Frames are a mixture of sash and casement, in both timber and uPVC. The pitched roof has slate roof covering and overhanging eaves and verges with painted soffit and bargeboards and a mixture of cast-iron and uPVC rainwater goods. Rendered chimneystacks with corbelled caps and clay chimneystacks. The building sits on a prominent site junction of three roads.
A former school which has been successfully re-used as a shop and adds much to the architectural variety of the street.