Survey Data

Reg No

16305018


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1755 - 1765


Coordinates

327548, 210844


Date Recorded

--/--/--


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached multiple-bay one and a half-storey thatched vernacular house, built in 1760, probably originally as two houses. The fa├žade is finished in painted roughcast whilst the gable-ended pitched roof is thatched and incorporates an eyebrow dormer with rough hewn timber cladding and a replacement timber casement frame to the flat-headed window. Rendered chimneystacks. The entrance consists of a replacement timber door whilst the flat-headed windows are of various sizes and have replacement timber casement frames. To the front there is a small garden with a low rendered wall and wrought-iron gate.

Appraisal

Increasingly rare, well-maintained mid 18th-century thatched vernacular house, somewhat altered in more recent years but an asset to the Delgany streetscape.