Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1880
Semi-detached seven-bay two-storey house, built c.1875. The house is finished in painted lined render with quoins and has a two-storey canted bay to the north side and a single-storey canted bay to the south; sill courses and some panel decoration to bays. The four panelled door is framed with panelled pilasters with console brackets which support a projecting cornice and plain fanlight, this is all set within a semi-circular headed opening with moulded surround. All window openings are flat-headed with two over two sash frames. The roof is pitched and finished with slate with cast-iron rainwater goods; chimneystacks are rendered with corbelled caps and clay pots. The house is set back from a rendered wall with square gate pillars with pyramidal caps and replacement wrought-iron gates.
Retaining its original character and setting, this well preserved, semi-detached house makes a positive contribution to the 19th century heritage of the streetscape and the town.