Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1880 - 1900
Semi-detached multiple-bay two-storey pair of roughcast render houses, built c.1890. The panelled door with plain sidelights and fanlight is recessed behind a semi-circular headed opening within a two-storey projecting gabled bay which merges with a further two-storey gabled projecting bay which has two-storey flat-roofed canted bays. Windows are one over one and flat-headed; the house to the south side are in uPVC while that to the north are timber sash. Slated pitched roof and cast-iron rainwater goods. Moulded string course between ground and first floors and decorative dentilled brick eaves and verge courses. Rendered chimneystacks are set laterally to the rear of the main roof and have tall clay pots. Granite sills. The houses are slightly set back behind plain wrought-iron railings and gate which rise off a rendered plinth.
Increasingly rare examples of distinctive and well preserved Victorian semi-detached houses which are evidence of the rapid expansion of the town in later Victorian times.