Survey Data

Reg No

16304014


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1880 - 1900


Coordinates

329526, 212727


Date Recorded

03/07/2003


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terrace three-bay two-storey rendered house, built c.1890. Cut stone steps rise to the four panelled door which is flanked with panelled pilasters with decorative console brackets which support a cornice with a plain semi-circular headed fanlight over and all enclosed with a moulded surround. To the east is a one over one timber sash window with moulded dressings and with decorative console brackets which supports a projecting cornice. To the west is a later added canted single-storey bay with a pitched and hipped lead covered roof. There is a rendered chimneystack with corbelled caps and some clay pots. uPVC rainwater goods. The terrace is set back behind a low roughcast wall which has a pebble encrusted coping, square rusticated rendered gate pillars with cast-iron gates.

Appraisal

Part of a fine later Victorian well preserved terrace which despite the later addition of bays retains most of its original character. The terrace is set well back from, but with an unimpeded view, of the shoreline.