Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Semi-detached three-bay two-storey former school, built c.1830, now in use as a restaurant. The building is finished in render with block and start quoins and dressings. The replacement front door sits within a flat-headed opening and this is set within a projecting gabled single-storey porch. Window openings are a mixture of flat-headed openings and pointed arch openings and have replacement top-hung timber frames. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate and cast-iron rainwater goods. Chimneystacks are rendered with slightly corbelled caps and clay pots. The building is partly road fronted.
This modest building is well preserved and with the exception of the replacement window frames it is in original condition. It adds to the heritage of the town and contributes to the streetscape.