Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey former house, built c.1840. The building is finished in render with block and start quoins. To the south-west side there is a modern tiled shopfront with an internally illuminated plastic signboard. The replacement panelled front door is set within a flat-headed opening. Window openings are flat-headed with two over two timber sash frames. The pitched roof is finished with artificial slate with cast-iron rainwater goods. The chimneystacks have corbelled caps and clay pots. The building is road fronted.
The appearance of the building is somewhat spoiled with the addition the modern shopfront, however it does retain its massing and much of its original detailing. It retains the building line which is so important in maintaining the streetscape.