Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
End-of-terrace four-bay two-storey house, built c.1830. The building is finished in roughcast render. The panelled front door has a radial fanlight over and is set within a semi-circular arched opening; this has a stone surround with a pronounced key stone. To the south-west side there is a canted flat-roofed single-storey bay; this has replacement metal framed windows. Other window openings are flat-headed and have one over one timber sash frames. The pitched roof is finished with natural slate with cast-iron rainwater goods. The wide chimneystacks have corbelled caps and clay pots. The building is slightly set back behind plain wrought-iron railings with a matching gate.
The addition of the recent canted bay has marred this otherwise well preserved building. Nevertheless it has retained its overall form and massing and much of its detailing. It is a positive asset to the heritage of the town.