Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical
In Use As
1860 - 1870
Freestanding monument, built 1865. It is inscribed ‘The Water supplied at the cost of a kind and generous Landlord for the benefit of his Attached and Loyal Tenants’. The monument comprises of a large square plinth with a tall decorative pinnacle. There is a small water trough to the south east side. The monument is set within the market square directly in front of the market house.
An important and well preserved monument which records the generosity of the former landlord. It adds a special focus to the market square.