Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1860
Detached three-bay single-storey house, built in 1855 for the local blacksmith. The façade is in squared dressed granite and the pitched roof slated. To front is a central full-height gabled bay with steeply pitched gable panelled timber entrance door and loop recess above. The bay is flanked by flat-headed windows with casement frames and moulded surrounds and granite sills. Plain pilasters to edge of elevation rising to kneelers. Granite parapets and chimneystacks. Stone steps to entrance. Aluminium rainwater goods.
Granite-built blacksmith's house of 1855 which picks up some of the Tudoresque elements favoured in much of Enniskerry's buildings; forms a memorable grouping with the neighbouring matching forge.