Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1835 - 1845
Terraced three-bay two-storey house, built c.1840, now converted to a shop. The front is finished in c.1980s painted Tyrolean render with painted lined render to the partly exposed south gable. The pitched roof slated. The windows are flat-headed with timber bipartite sash frames to those to first floor front and a c.1990 timber multiple-pane frame to that to ground floor. Two panelled doors to ground floor also, one with boarded over sidelight. Unusual gable topped pilaster to right hand edge of front façade. Single and low two-storey sections abutting south gable with large segmental-headed carriage gateway to single-storey section.
Relatively simple mid 19th-century terraced house successfully converted to commercial premises; unusual pilaster to right end edge of front façade may hint at an earlier, more elaborate shopfront.