Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1825 - 1835
Detached three-bay two-storey Regency style house, built c.1830, with rendered and roughcast façade, hipped roof and portico. The façade is rendered and painted to front with unpainted roughcast to other elevations; rusticated quoins to front also. The roof is slated with its overhang supported on paired timber brackets. The windows are flat-headed and have three over three and six over six paned timber sash frames and painted stone sills, with reeded pilaster-like surrounds and entablatures to ground floor windows to front and similar surrounds (without entablatures) to first floor windows to front. The entrance consists of a flat roofed portico with Tuscan columns and pilasters, within which is the timber door with decorative octagonal panels, panelled jambs with scroll brackets and a semi-circular fanlight with decorative petal tracery. Brick chimneystacks; cast-iron rainwater goods. Two-storey hipped roof, roughcast outbuilding to rear partly converted to garage. Low granite garden wall to front with decorative granite piers and cast-iron railings.
Well-preserved detached Regency dwelling whose late Georgian styling, whilst arguably out of keeping with the rest of the village, adds variety to the streetscape. One of the village's most valuable assets.