Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1815 - 1825
Detached six-bay two-storey former house, built c.1820 and extended to north side c.1990 now in use as a shop, doctor's surgery and pharmacy. The façade is rendered and painted, the pitched roof covered in artificial slate with flat-headed windows with timber sash frames and painted stone sills. To front are two flat-roofed single-storey projections with c.1990s timber shopfronts. Between these is the former house doorway which now leads to the surgery, with panelled timber door, elliptical fanlight with 'spoke' tracery and plain jambs. To rear is a large two-storey return with some windows filled with casement frames. Extruded aluminum rainwater goods.
An early nineteenth-century modest-scale house occupying a prominent position in the centre of Enniskerry. With the exception of an altered ground floor, the building retains much of its original form, while the retention of some early fabric enhances the character of the site.