Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1795 - 1805
End-of-terrace four-bay two storey double-pile former house, built c.1800 and extended to east side, now split into three properties including a restaurant and take-away, post office and domestic quarters with the take-away occupying a large single storey flat-roofed shop projection of c.1900. The façade is rendered and painted, with rendered quoins also, the pitched roof slated and chimneystacks rendered. The flat-headed windows have timber bi-partite sash frames. East of the ground floor of the front elevation is the mainly glazed restaurant doorway with the large flat-roofed projection to right of this incorporating a timber shopfront of c.1920. To west of this is a smaller flat-roofed porch with house door whilst to west again is a timber post office shopfront of c.1980. Cast-iron rainwater goods.
Double-pile end-of-terrace former house of probable early 19th century construction. The large flat-roofed shop addition detracts form original - reflecting the increased 'commercialisation' of domestic properties in the late Victorian / Edwardian period.