Survey Data

Reg No

16301310


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1865 - 1885


Coordinates

326235, 218433


Date Recorded

11/06/2003


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey over basement double-pile house, built c.1875 as part of a row of four similar properties with simplified Gothic styling. To front there is a shallow single-storey over basement projecting bay. The fa├žade is finished in painted render with a bracketed eaves course and small shallow roundel recesses at either side of the first floor windows, whilst the slated pitched roof has a rendered parapet and chimneystack. The entrance consists of a pointed arch opening with moulded surround with keystone, within which is a recessed panelled timber door with pointed arch fanlight. The entrance is approached by a short flight of stone steps. The windows are a mixture of pointed arch and flat-headed, and have one over one timber sash frames. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The property faces onto a street but is separated from it by a small garden enclosed by a rendered wall.

Appraisal

This relatively modest yet distinctive Victorian house is part of a well preserved terrace whose Gothic styling adds interest to the streetscape.