Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1850 - 1870


326359, 218768

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey former house and shops of c.1860, now in use as two shops. The fa├žade is finished in painted render with pilasters and a parapet with cornice and pediment to the front elevation. The ground floor of the front elevation is now completely covered by two timber shopfronts of c.1995. The hipped roof is slated and has rendered chimneystacks. The shop to the south is entered via a large glazed double door, with that to the north entered via a large open doorway, which is covered by a roller shutter when the shop is closed. The first floor windows are flat-headed and have two over two timber sash frames. The building has a street frontage.


This shop building has retained much of its mid 19th-century Classical detailing and is noteworthy because of this, however the c.1990s shopfronts are unsuitable and have broken up the original symmetry of the front elevation.