Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1860
Terraced two-bay two-storey over basement house, built in 1855. The façade is finished in painted 'Tyrolean' render whilst the roof is hidden behind a parapet and has a shared rendered chimneystack. The entrance consists of a replacement timber and glazed door with sidelights and fanlight, all encased by panelled pilaster 'jambs' with decorative brackets, and a shallow hood over. The entrance is reached via a flight of stone steps with simple iron railings. To the east of the entrance there is a flat-roofed canted oriel window supported on a slender cast-iron column. The window openings themselves are flat-headed and have one over one and two over two timber sash frames; the first floor windows have moulded surrounds. The property faces onto a street but is separated from it by a small garden enclosed with cast-iron railings and a gate.
This generally well-preserved house belongs to what would appear to be Bray's second oldest surviving terrace, and is noteworthy for this alone.