1865 - 1885
Terraced three-bay two-storey over basement former house, built c.1875 as part of a relatively uniform but non identical row of thirteen, constructed in stages from c.1870. The asymmetrical front elevation shares a projecting full-height gabled bay with the neighbouring house to the east, with the combined properties forming a symmetrical 'palace front'. The façade is finished in unpainted lined render with moulded quoins, string courses and a parapet with projecting eaves course, whilst the bay has giant order pilasters a pediment-like gable. The hipped roof, which is largely hidden behind the parapet, is covered in slate and has shared rendered chimneystacks with pronounced corbelling. The entrance is set within the bay and consists of a partly glazed timber door, jambs with decorative brackets, and a plain semi-circular fanlight. It is reached via a flight of stone steps with decorative cast-iron railings. The steps are shared with those of the neighbouring building to the east. The windows are flat-headed, and have replacement uPVC frames. The building faces onto a street, but is separated from it by a relatively large garden, enclosed by a rendered wall with decorative cast-iron railings and a matching gate.
Relatively grand, though somewhat altered, Victorian terraced house (now a nursing home), which forms a part of one of Bray's most complete and most impressive 19th-century groupings.